A visually and cartographically explicit narrative blog about Tampa's built history and development.
(Above banner created from photo in the Burgert Brothers Photographic Collection)



Thursday, May 3, 2012

Events

There are a few events coming up this month that may be of interest to Tampania followers:

May 6 - Tampa Library Road Show makes a stop at the Seminole Heights Library http://thplhistoryroadshow.blogspot.com/2012/04/seminole-heights-branch-library-history.html

May 10 - Bill Belleville closes out this years Florida Conversations series discussing his book "Salvaging the Real Florida: Lost and Found in the State of Dreams"  http://www.tampabayhistorycenter.org/flaconversations.html

May 12 - National Train Day at the Tampa Union Station http://floridacoalitionofrailpassengers.memberlodge.com/Default.aspx?pageId=315709&eventId=427120&EventViewMode=EventDetails


Starting June 3 - Tampa Theatre's Summer Classics Series - kicking off with Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, this years summer classic series features Planet of the Apes, Shaft, Edward Scissorhands and Alfred Hitchcock's silent film Lodger.  http://tampatheatre.org/event-descriptions-and-coming-attractions/

I doubt I'll be able to catch them all, but you should.  If you know of any other history related events going on let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Did you attend the Belleville talk? I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I didn't attend any of these events, how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty good. He said some pretty amazing stuff, like Florida has more springs than any other place in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tampania! Love this blog! I have a new Tampa history book out and thought your followers might want to know about it. Also a website that I collaborated on dedicated to the promotion of historic Tampa photos. My new book is called "Vintage Tampa Storefronts and Scenes"...the website is at www.tampapix.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks John! I actually bought your Tampa signs book for my mother last Christmas. She had a great time reminiscing with me as we flipped through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tampania! Thought you would want to know about a Tampa history related coming up this Saturday - July 14 at the John F. Germany Library downtown. It features longtime friends Sam Gibbons and John Germany. Here's a link to the press release. http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=205

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I am so happy to hear this! Thank you for supporting my work! I always hear positive feedback from folks and this gives me inspiration to continue!

    ReplyDelete